We sometimes hear from people that they would like nothing more than to attend Let’s Test, but for some reason or another, they are having a hard time convincing their boss to open their wallet. Here are some things we suggest you try telling them to justify the “expense” (investment!).
Justification E-Mail: Attending LetsTest SA (tailor to fit your situation)
To: <Insert Manager or Supervisor Name>
Subject: Attending LetsTest SA
I’d like to get your approval to attend LetsTest SA, 26-28 November 2017 at the Valley Lodge & Spa in Magaliesburg, South Africa, just outside Johannesburg and Pretoria.
There’s no other conference in South Africa arranged by testers for testers where I’ll have the opportunity to learn about context driven testing from local and international members of the community. I’ll have access to practitioners of the software testing craft from around the world—this is an ideal opportunity to develop a network of like-minded testers in the software industry.
These testers are committed to enhancing the value of testing in challenging project environments focused on enhancing technology deliveries to business.
I’ll be able to choose from a large number of sessions mostly aimed at testing, but including some practical workshops on writing maintainable, reusable automated tests, understanding values and norms and the impact they can have on the team, and how gaming can be used to gain valuable skills relevant to software testing! And many more. All sessions are facilitated allowing great interaction and ensuring threads of topics are not lost and questions flow adding meaning to the word confer. There will be a TestLab where I can collaborate and try out my learnings from the day. For example, I plan to focus on:
● <<Session names and how they apply to current Projects>>
Here’s what past attendees said about their experience:
- “I had a wonderful time, met loads of great people and learned a lot. So I think I can truly say : it was an awesome Conference”
- “LetsTest raises the bar for conferences”
- “LetsTest is rocking!! Literally”
- “Good collaborative experiments at the LetsTest TestLab last night”
- “LetsTest is one of those places where suddenly someone points out an obvious solution which has evaded you until now”
- “A big thank you to all at LetsTest for making it an extremely rich experience and to all the people taking the time to share and discuss ideas”
This is the approximate cost of my attending LetsTest:
Airfare or transport applicable: R
Hotel, meals and registration all included for : R
Other expenses: R
Total cost: R
Attending LetsTest SA will have huge value for me and <company, department, or organization name>. Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks in advance for your support.