We’re opening the Call for Proposals for Let’s Test South Africa 2017!
Let’s Test South Africa will take place at the beautiful Valley Lodge and Spa in Magaliesburg, South Africa. Close to major attractions in the historic region of the magical Cradle of Humankind World Heritage site just outside Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The conference runs for 2.5 days between 26-28 November and will have an intentional focus on the craft and community of Context Driven Testing. We will showcase not only South African talent, but also host new and familiar faces and minds from the global community.
Included in your conference fee is luxurious accommodation and all meals including tea and coffee and break snacks.
A limited number of Early Bird tickets are being made available. Early Bird pricing will run until 31 May 2017 or limited number of tickets are booked and paid for.
PLEASE NOTE: Space is limited so don’t delay your registration!! For groups of 5 or more, please email us to arrange a further discount.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
We are looking for keynotes, workshops and experience-based talks that will inspire thinking, grow skills and facilitate meaningful interactions! Most of all, we want to create a space where people have fun and are able to develop the craft and community of testing in SA!!!
Accepted proposals will give you the opportunity to attend the full conference free of charge (this includes all meals and accommodation).
Send your proposal(s) to email@example.com, including an abstract, the type of talk, speaker biography and picture. We don’t force any specific format for your submission, but however you write, draw or record it, it should include enough information about your proposal that it’s clear what your topic will be about and what the attendees will likely take away from your session. If your proposal gets accepted then we’ll give you an opportunity to formulate a new version to go on the program description pages, so don’t worry about giving away too much information in your submission. Remember: We need to understand what you’ll be presenting in order to compare you fairly to the rest of the bunch.
How to get accepted:
- New content over old
- Opinionated over one-size-fits-all stuff
- Challenges convention rather than agrees with established “truths”
- You want to present your own experiences from the field
- Interactive over sit-and-listen (but there’s room for both)
- You have a bit of extra crazy in your proposal
- Your proposal contributes depth (or breadth) to the community discourse
- You make us believe that you can deliver on what you’re “selling”, regardless of whether you are well-known or a first-timer to the conference scene
- We understand why people will be excited to attend your talk/workshop/session
- You don’t need to hit all the points above, but if you don’t hit at least a couple, you’re in trouble.
How to get rejected:
- Old, stale, beating-a-dead-horse topic (unless there’s a twist or a deep experience base)
- Thinly veiled marketing ploys or services promotion
- You forgot to bring the new, the interesting twist or the crazy
- We don’t understand your submission, or it’s obvious you threw it together in under 5 minutes. We take constructing the Let’s Test program seriously and though we sometimes get in touch and let people clarify fuzzy parts of their submission, you shouldn’t count on it
The deadline for proposals is 12 Midnight (SA time) on 20 April 2017.
We hope you’ll join us in Magaliesburg, for some fun, energetic alternative sessions. We will begin on Sunday afternoon getting to know each other and reconnecting with old friends. This will be followed by two full days of focused content ending with a keynote on Tuesday afternoon.
You will also find more information and the registration page on the website.
If you are interested in sponsoring, please respond to this email.
Please help us spread the word!
We look forward to sharing the Let’s Test Magic and Mystery with you at Valley Lodge in Magaliesburg 26-28 November 2017!!
Cindy, Louise, Henke and Johan